Want to become an advanced iPhone and iTunes user? Then you’ll have to create an Apple ID. You need it to purchase films and music in the iTunes Store, to get new cool apps in the AppStore and back up your data to iCloud. iPhone Apple ID is also required for texting in iMessages and making FaceTime calls. Learn how you can create, change or reset Apple ID.
SEE ALSO: How to Update iPhone: Fixing Common Update Problems
How to Create Apple ID
Here are several guides that will help you become a mature iPhone user.
Create Apple ID on your iPhone
- Unlock your fresh iPhone. On the home screen tap Settings. Or, if you have just turned on the iPhone, choose your language, city and other settings and then you’ll be asked to create an Apple ID.
- Go to iTunes & App Store.
- Tap Create New Apple ID.
- Choose the country you are in, then enter your regular email as a name of your Apple ID.
- Create a password, type it and verify. Remember, that your password must contain at least 8 characters, both uppercase and lowercase letters. But don’t put the same characters 3 times in a row.
- Fill in your security questions as well as a birth date.
- Your Apple ID will keep the info about a card that you’ll use to pay for all your purchases. So you’ll have to add billing information in the form of a debit card. Please note that if your kids use your device to play games, you’d better not to keep credit card data associated with your account. You can manually insert it every time you need to make a purchase.
- Verify your account via email.
- Now you are free to download any app you wish.
Create Apple ID with the App Store
- On your iPhone open App Store, iTunes Store or iBooks.
- Choose any free app or any goods and tap Free to get it on your iDevice.
- When you are asked to Sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create new Apple ID and go for Step 4 in the guide above.
Create Apple ID on your PC
- Visit Appleid.apple.com.
- Click on Create new Apple ID.
- Fill in all the required information like name, email, password, security questions and answers, birth date, address and verification code.
- Verify your ID via email and start exploring the App Store.
How to Change Apple ID on your iPhone
If you need to sign in with a different ID account, do the following:
- Tap Settings on the Home Screen.
- Scroll down till iTunes & App Store appear.
- Tap on the existing apple ID.
- Choose Sign out, then go to Create New Apple ID and follow the steps of How to create new Apple ID listed above.
Please note that if you change Apple ID on your iPhone, you’ll still need the old one to update all apps you bought with it. As for the free ones, you can easily delete them and reinstall with the new Apple ID.
How to Reset your Apple ID
- Visit Appleid.apple.com.
- Click on Manage Apple ID.
- Precise what’s wrong with your ID: whether you forgot your ID name or password.
- Enter all the required information, everything you can remember. Then verify your ID in the most convenient way.
Don’t forget to care about your iPhone security and create a back up.