When you look through your home video collection, you may need to sign some memorable shots. Add data about the event place and time, illustrate the heroes’ thoughts or just mark the picture. Check our list of free movie editors, which help you add text to video and learn how to do it.
Add text with Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is one of the most popular software for simple video editing. Almost every Windows user has it on his PC. The software is pretty easy to use. Here’s how to add text to video in Movie Maker:
- Step 1. Open Movie Maker and add the video clips;
- Step 2. Then click on Make titles or credits on the right-situated movie tasks panel;
- Step 3. Choose the place for the text. To put it inside the shot, choose Add title on the selected clip on the storyboard;
- Step 4. Enter the text and press the Done button;
- Step 5. Enjoy your movie with words!
It is a convenient and simple software. But this program won’t let your imagination get going. For example, you can’t choose the text color or change the place.
If you don’t have Microsoft video editor on your PC, you can download it here: Windows Movie Maker.
Add text with YouTube Editor
Wanna know where right-in-the-video comments come from? Read the following paragraph and try to edit your movie online:
- Step 1. Register on YouTube with the help of your Google accounts;
- Step 2. Upload your video;
- Step 3. In the main menu click on Annotations;
- Step 4. Set all the properties as you wish: choose annotation type, type the text and alter it to your taste. Don’t forget to tune the time duration!
- Step 5. Try different annotations. When the movie is ready, click Saved.
YouTube Editor comprises many features to make your video clip unforgettable. However, it is an online editor. If your Internet connection is slow, you will need a lot of time to save all the changes. If you need to save your edited video offline, use free Freemake Video Downloader.
SEE ALSO: Introduction to Video Editing on YouTube
Add text with Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacle Studio is a quite complicated program with various features. The movies edited in it look pretty much professional even created by a beginner. To add text to a video with Pinnacle Studio, follow our simple instructions:
- Step 1. Add a video clip;
- Step 2. Choose Titles;
- Step 3. Select the type of the title and its place. Put it in the editor line.
Download the trial version for free: Pinnacle Studio.
Pinnacle Studio is smart software with numerous text options. However, it is quite heavy for PC, and littered with programs. Moreover, free version is available only for 30 days.
And what video editor do you use?