After the release of iPhone 5S, Apple fans got an opportunity to shoot slow motion videos without any special apps. However, this feature is not available on iPhones of previous generation and Android gadgets. Thus, if you want to take a slow motion video on iPhone 5 or Android, you’ll need a nice app. Which one? Read the article and choose the best slow motion video app for you.
SEE ALSO: iPhone Camera is not Working: What to Do?
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Photo Camera Apps for iPhone
Slow Motion Apps for iPhone
Here is our top 6 apps you can install on your iPhone to slow down your video.
iMotion HD is both time-lapse and slow motion video app for your iPhone 5 or earlier. The app lets you easily shoot HD 720 videos and export them to your YouTube channel.
To shoot a slow motion video with this free app, follow the steps below:
- Tap the New movie button and choose which mode you want to use: time-lapse, manual, Wi-Fi remoted, microphone.
- Set the necessary parameters such as time interval for time-lapse mode.
- Click Start. While shooting the video, you can use capture tools (Onion skin, Grid, Manual Focus) to get a better video.
- As soon as you are done with shooting, you can set the frame rate from 1 to 30 fps, preview your video and export it to iTunes, YouTube, or social networks.
There is also PRO version available for $2.99, which already includes all in-app purchases.
SloPro is one more free tool for stop motion videos. When you launch SloPro, you can start recording right away. When you are done,
- Choose this video from the library and click the Edit red button in the top right corner.
- Use Clip in and Clip out buttons to choose the part of video you want to slow.
- Then set the slow-motion options. You can slow the video by 25%, 40%, or 50%. If you need an ultra slow-motion video, I recommend to choose between 500fps and 1000fps. After that it’s high time to adjust your video.
- Tap Render and select Optical Flow to get the best parameters.
- Now you can save your video and share it with friends on YouTube and Facebook.
The only drawback of SloPro free version is the watermark. So if you liked SloPro, get the full version within the app.
Download SloPro here.
Slow Motion Camera
Slow Motion Camera is a simple app, yet with nice results. It doesn’t give you many settings, but to make your video faster or slower. What you need to do is to:
- Choose a video from your Camera Roll or record a new one, tapping the Record button. After that the app will offer you two options: slow and fast.
- Choose the part of video which speed you want to change and the necessary option.
- Then tap Save to apply changes.
You’ll have to wait till the software saves your new video to your Camera Roll. Be ready that your video will be longer and thus have bigger size, if you slow it. So, mind free space on your iPhone.
Download Slow Motion Camera for $0.99 here.
Videoshop – Video Editor
Videoshop is a really good video editor for iOS that can significantly slow or speed up your video. First of all, shoot a new video or choose the one from your library. You can choose several videos at once to join them into one movie. You can edit each piece of video with a variety of settings: reverse, copy, trim, add music, add text and voice, and even choose transitions between videos. To slow or speed up the video:
- Tap Slow and move the point to the left to slow it or to the right to make it faster. If you are a fan of Instagram filters, you can find them here.
- As soon as you finish editing your movie, you’ll be offered to choose a filter (Normal, 1995, Nimbus, Intense, etc) and a theme (news, basic, Friends, Trip, etc).
- Add titles and export your video to Vine, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Camera Roll, or send it via email.
Slow Motion Camera Extreme
Slow Motion Camera comes in two versions: a free and a paid one. In a free version you can shoot only 10 seconds of video and you’ll also get a watermark on your masterpieces. Naturally, paid version doesn’t have such restrictions. There are not many editing functions as in Videoshop. The app lets you shot high quality video or add one from your Camera Roll and change its speed. To do this:
- Shot a new video or choose the one from your Camera Roll.
- Click the 50% sign and choose if you want to slow video by 25%, 50% or 75%.
- You may also add a song to your movie by clicking the Music sign.
- When the editing is done, tap the Share button to export the video and share it with friends.
With Slow Motion Camera, you can slow or speed up both the whole video or its parts. As well as other apps, you are allowed to export your videos to social networks right from the app.
Download Slow Motion Camera Extreme for $2.99 here.
SlowCam – Slow Motion Video Camera Realtime
SlowCam is an easy to use app with few settings for slow motion video recording. It lets you shoot videos in slow motion right on the way. To do this you need to:
- Tap the Record button to start shooting the video.
- Tap the Snail sign for slow motion mode.
- Choose the necessary FPS: 240 for iPhone 6/6+, 120 for iPhone 5s+, 60 for iPhone 5/5C, iPad mini, 30 FPS for other devices.
- When you are done, save the video to your Camera Roll.
Download SlowCam – Slow Motion Video Camera Realtime for $1.99 here.
Slow Motion Apps for Android
Here are the apps you may use on your Android device.
Slow Motion Video FX
Slow Motion Video FX is a fully featured app that can help you create fast motion or slow motion videos. There is a free ad supported version and a paid one. The app is extremely easy to use:
- Tap the Record button to shoot a new video or add a video from your media gallery.
- Choose an option to slow your video.
- Save the result to the media library. Your original video will remain without changes.
All in all, Slow Motion Video FX is a nice app to have fun with. Don’t take it too serious. For more professional editing you’d better use Videoshop.
Download Slow Motion Video FX here.
Hudl Technique is mostly designed for athletes and coaches. The app lets slow down a video and check later how an athlete is performing a particular sport or exercise. Besides, it has a number of features that help improve your sports skills. First of all, you can compare two videos, stacked or side-by-side to see whether you’ve improved since your latest training or try. Then, your coach may use a drawing function to highlight the necessary moments. To use the app, simply follow these steps:
- Run the app and press the record button
- Stop the recording when you’ve completed the exercise.
- Preview the video in slow-mo and make the necessary editing.
- Save the video for future viewing.
Hudl Technique is a perfect choice for sportsmen who want to keep track of their progress.
Download Hudl Technique here.
Fast & Slow Motion Video Tool
Fast & Slow Motion Video Tool is one more app you might use to change your video speed between 1/8x and 8x. You may change the video speed either of a complete clip or of a part of it. To do it, check the guide:
- Open the app and press the Record button.
- When you finish recording, choose the necessary video speed.
- Convert your video to one of the formats: ASF, AVI, FLV, MP4, WMV.
- Share the video with your friends right from the app.
Go for Fast & Slow Motion Video Tool in case you need many speed options.
Download Fast & Slow Motion Video Tool here.
Do you shoot slow motion videos? What app do you prefer?